Jimmy P. Daniel
Jimmy Daniel provides counseling to businesses of all sizes related to the employment relationship. He assists in the drafting of employment agreements, policies, and handbooks, as well as provides guidance related to compliance with federal, state, and local legislation such as the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act. He also provides counseling regarding potential disciplinary and discharge decisions and conducts workplace investigations and training.
In addition to providing pro-active counseling, Mr. Daniel acts as an advocate for businesses in the defense of employment litigation and before administrative agencies such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. He has handled overtime, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases in various federal and state courts and administrative agencies around the country. Mr. Daniel also serves as Vice Chairman of the firm’s Labor and Employment Department. Mr. Daniel has been selected by Georgia Trend Magazine as one of the elite labor and employment attorneys in Georgia.
- Labor & Employment
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 2000
- Donald P. Gilmore, Jr. Memorial Award for Overall Excellence in Employment Law
- B.B.A, University of Georgia, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit and 11th Circuit
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Journal of Intellectual Property Law, Volume 7, No.1
Other Professional Accomplishments
- Named to Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite, 2009
- Selected for inclusion in Georgia Rising Stars, 2010
1170 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309-7706