Christopher E. Parker
Chris Parker’s practice focuses on the representation and counseling of companies in matters pertaining to the workplace and the protection of their intellectual property and trade secrets. In addition to serving as an advocate for clients, Mr. Parker is also trained as a mediator and frequently serves as a third-party neutral. Mr. Parker has represented private and public employers before the National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, Department of Justice, federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as numerous state administrative agencies. Chris had the honor of successfully defending one of the first lawsuits to be filed under the Americans with Disabilities Act and served as successful lead trial counsel in one of the first cases to be tried under the Family and Medical Leave Act. Mr. Parker has served as lead counsel in class actions and numerous multi-party cases.
Mr. Parker represents clients in the retail, manufacturing, service, entertainment, hospitality, healthcare and insurance industries, as well as numerous local government bodies. Chris has been selected on repeated occasions by Georgia Trend Magazine as a member of “The Legal Elite: Georgia’s Most Effective Lawyers” as determined by other attorneys practicing in Georgia and is proud to have been selected by his peers as a Georgia “Super Lawyer” for five consecutive years. Mr. Parker is a frequent author and speaker before a variety of continuing legal education and business audiences.
- Labor & Employment
- Health Care
- J.D., The Moritz College of Law, Ohio State University, 1989
- B.S., Ohio State University, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgia Trial and Appellate Courts
- Atlanta, Georgia and American Bar Associations, Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections
- Federal Bar Association – Immediate Past Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section;
Past President, Atlanta Chapter
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association – Board of Directors; Past Chair, Employment
- Defense Research Institute
- “Wage Hour: Collective Actions vs. Class Actions” and “Social Networking & Privacy in
the Workplace,” Federal Bar Association, February 2011
Other Professional Accomplishments
- Selected for inclusion in Georgia Super Lawyers, 2010
- Named to Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite, 2009
1170 Peachtree Street, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30309-7706